The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Energy Efficiency Standardization Coordination Collaborative (EESCC) is pleased to announce the web meeting dates for its five working groups (WGs), as well as its inaugural in-person plenary meeting in January 2013.
The EESCC is launching work on a standardization roadmap to help advance energy efficiency for the United States. Beginning with the first web meeting on December 4, the EESCC working groups will initiate the standards needs assessment and lay the strategic groundwork for their portion of the roadmap. Participation is open to all affected parties, and relevant experts interested in taking part in the activity are invited to visit www.ansi.org/eescc for further details.
| ||EESCC Membership Roster
Participation in the EESCC positions organizations to take an active role in shaping the future of U.S. energy efficiency standardization.
Companies and organizations that have already joined the collaborative include:
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America
- Allana Buick and Bers, Inc.
- American Gas Association
- American Public Gas Association
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers
- ASTM International
- BSI Group America
- The Cadmus Group
- General Electric
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- InfoComm International
- Intel Corporation
- International Code Council (ICC)
- International Trade Administration
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Miller Electric Manufacturing/ITW
- National Air Duct Cleaners Association
- North American Energy Standards Board
- National Institute of Building Sciences
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Fenestration Rating Council
- Navigant Consulting
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Council
- NSF International
- Piping Industry Progress and Education Trust Fund
- Professional Testing
- Refrigeration Service Engineers Society
- Rockwell Automation
- Schneider Electric
- Telecommunications Industry Association
- Underwriters Laboratories
- U.S. Department of Energy
WG Meeting Schedules
The EESCC working groups will begin meeting via biweekly web conferences according to the following schedule:
WG 1: Building Energy and Water Assessment Standards
Thursdays, 2:00-3:30 pm EST, beginning December 6
WG 2: Systems Integration and Communications
Mondays, 10:00-11:30 am EST, beginning December 10
WG 3: Building Energy Modeling, Rating, and Labeling
Tuesdays, 10:00-11:30 am EST, beginning December 4
WG 4: Evaluation, Measurement, and Verification
Thursdays, 4:00-5:30 pm EST, beginning December 13
WG 5: Workforce Credentialing
Fridays, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, beginning December 7
A calendar of all WG web meetings, including call-in details, is available to EESCC members in the EESCC document library. Note: relevant changes/cancellations to the schedule to accommodate the holiday season are also listed in the calendar.
January EESCC Plenary
The EESCC’s first in-person plenary meeting will be held on January 22-23, 2013, at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel in Arlington, VA. All EESCC working groups will convene to synthesize input and coordinate next steps for the roadmap. Participation in the plenary meeting is free of charge for all EESCC members. Register here for the event.
The EESCC has arranged a block of rooms at the Sheraton for Monday, January 21, and Tuesday, January 22, 2013, at a rate of $209 per night, plus tax. Participants can make room reservations online using the EESCC group webpage, or call 1-800-325-3535 and ask for the ANSI room block. All room reservations must be made by Saturday, December 22, 2012. Rooms may be reserved at this discounted rate for the three days prior to and following the dates of the plenary meeting; please contact the ANSI meeting and events manager to take advantage of this offer.
For additional details on the EESCC, or to join, visit www.ansi.org/eescc or email email@example.com.