The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is pleased to announce the addition of course 287, The American Way: The American National Standard Development Process, to its 2013 education and training course offerings. The class, which takes an in-depth look at the ANSI Essential Requirements within the context of the American National Standard (ANS) process, will be held on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at ANSI’s New York City office.
About 10,000 ANS have been developed in accordance with the ANSI Essential Requirements, impacting every industry and benefiting U.S. economic growth and quality of life. ANSI accreditation signifies that the procedures used by standards developing organizations meet the Institute's requirements for openness, balance, consensus, and due process. ANS are voluntary consensus standards and serve U.S. interests well because all impacted stakeholders have the opportunity to work together to create them. For more information on the value of these standards, visit www.ansi.org/ansvalue.
The March course offers a comprehensive "nuts and bolts" session for staff of ANSI-accredited standards developers (ASDs) and those interested in pursuing accreditation. It is designed for staff who will implement the ANS process and for those who need to understand the specific and detailed procedures related to ANS development, maintaining accreditation as an ASD, and the ANSI audit process.
After attending this program, participants will understand:
- the accreditation process for ANS developers;
- the ANS consensus development process and procedures, including the submission of evidence of consensus in support of a standard’s approval as an ANS;
- the ANSI Essential Requirements, including due process provisions within the ANS process as well as implementation options and requirements;
- the importance of an appeals policy and the requirements for ANS-related appeals;
- maintenance of accreditation requirements including the ANSI audit program, and how an audit can help accredited standards developers;
- the benefits of ANSI accreditation; and
- where flexibility exists in the standards development process.
The course will be held in ANSI’s New York office at 25 West 43rd Street, Fourth Floor, New York, NY, on March 27, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The course fee is $395 for ANSI members and $495 for non-members. Registration is required; to register for the course online, click here. Questions about ANSI’s education and training programs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the American Way course specifically may be sent to email@example.com.
Note: The maximum class size is 25. Please note that this course is subject to cancellation if sufficient enrollment is not achieved two weeks in advance of the scheduled event date. Registrations may be canceled up to two weeks prior to a scheduled session. Within two weeks of a scheduled session no refund will be given, but alternate attendees may be designated or a voucher issued for a future course offering. A 10% discount will be applied to organizations that register more than one person.