Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Accreditation Committee (GVAC)
The Greenhouse Gas Validation / Verification Body Accreditation Committee is responsible for the operational aspects of ANSI's Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Accreditation program and related activities except as provided in the ANSI Bylaws or in procedures approved by the ANSI Conformity Assessment Policy Committee (CAPC) and the ANSI Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of the Committee include:
- preparing procedures and criteria for assessment;
- formulating policy matters relating to the operation of the Accreditation Program;
- reviewing the process of evaluation and rendering decisions on accreditation;
- making decisions relating to the granting, maintaining, extending, suspending, reducing, and withdrawing of accreditation;
- supervising the implementation of Accreditation Program policies;
- delegating authority to organizations, committees or individuals, as required, to undertake defined operational activities on its behalf.
The Greenhouse Gas Validation / Verification Body Accreditation Committee operates under the oversight of the ANSI Conformity Assessment Policy Committee (CAPC), one of ANSI's three policy committees (others are International Policy Committee and the National Policy Committee).
Members and Officers
Membership on this Committee is comprised of a balance of all interested parties concerned with third party validation/verification activities. Representation among the members of the Committee should conform to the following areas: industry, federal/state government, conformity assessment, GHG program and at-large.
Jay Pendergrass, Environmental Law Institute
Paul F. McArdle, U.S. Department of Energy
2017 Meeting Dates
- April 24, 2017
- August 21, 2017
- November 13, 2017
To ensure transparency as well as equity and due process in Committee proceedings, meet deadlines for responses to other organizations, maximize the impact of those responses, and achieve as high a degree of consensus as possible, the Committee has developed Operating Procedures for itself and its various activities.
View GHG-PL-702: Operating Procedures of the GHG Validation / Verification Body Accreditation Committee (GVAC).
Director, Environmental Accreditation Programs
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
1899 L Street NW, 11th Floor
Washington, DC 20036