The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) invites all interested stakeholders to register for its two-day Personnel Certification Accreditation Workshop on December 10-11, 2018 at ANSI headquarters in Washington, DC.
The workshop is designed to introduce organizations that are considering accreditation by ANSI to the international standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 - General requirements for bodies operating certification schemes for persons. The International Standard, which has also been nationally adopted as an American National Standard (ANS), is a globally accepted benchmark for bodies managing the certification of persons. The U.S. federal government, the certification industry, and organized labor increasingly recognize the standard.
Register now for the December course. For more information, visit www.ansi.org/17024. Please note that workshop hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on December 10, and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on December 11.
Registrants will participate in presentations, small group discussions, and exercises to get a better understanding of what ANSI expects organizations to provide as demonstration of compliance to each of the requirements. In addition, attendees will be able to self-assess their own operations, and identify areas needing improvement prior to applying for ANSI accreditation.
Relevant Stakeholders Include:
- Personnel from corporations, organizations, government agencies, and others that operate certification programs, and that want to learn more about how accreditation can add value to their programs
- Organizations that are considering developing a personnel certification programs
- Organizations that are considering whether or not to pursue ANSI accreditation and want to understand the benefits and uses of accreditation
- Organizations going through the ANSI accreditation process
- Organizations that are currently accredited
- Organizations that support certification programs through testing, marketing, IT, and other services
For more information on eligibility, class scheduling, or to register, click here or contact Dr. Vijay Krishna, director of personnel certification accreditation at firstname.lastname@example.org.