The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) invites all interested stakeholders to register for its two-day Personnel Certification Accreditation Workshop on March 12-13, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 pm. at ANSI headquarters in Washington D.C.
The workshop is designed to introduce interested stakeholders to the international standard ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 General requirements for bodies operating certification schemes for persons, including revised and new requirements in the latest 2012 edition. Discussions will focus on building an understanding of the standard's requirements, its benefits, and why it has become the benchmark for personnel certification. The sessions are intended for all organizations considering accreditation by ANSI to ISO/IEC 17024, which is an international standard increasingly recognized by the U.S. government, the certification industry, and employers.
- Register now for the March course
The workshop is designed to introduce organizations that are considering accreditation by ANSI to this international standard. Registrants will participate in presentations, small group discussions, and exercises to get a better understanding of what ANSI expects organizations to provide as demonstration of compliance to each of the requirements. In addition, attendees will be able to self-assess their own operations, and identify areas needing improvement prior to applying for ANSI accreditation.
Relevant Stakeholders Include:
- Personnel from corporations, organizations, government agencies, and others that operate certification programs, and that want to learn more about how accreditation can add value to their programs
- Organizations that are considering developing a personnel certification programs
- Organizations that are considering whether or not to pursue ANSI accreditation and want to understand the benefits and uses of accreditation
- Organizations going through the ANSI accreditation process
- Organizations that are currently accredited
- Organizations that support certification programs through testing, marketing, IT, and other services