Registration now open for all WSW events!
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) welcomes all standards and conformity assessment professionals to register for World Standards Week 2022, scheduled for May 17-19 in person in Washington, DC, and virtually via several hybrid events.
Bringing together the standards community for one of the first in-person gatherings since the start of the pandemic, WSW will feature three days of conferences, forums, exhibits, and receptions.
“We are thrilled to be reconnecting with our colleagues and friends across the U.S. standards and conformity assessment community during ANSI’s World Standards Week, uniting to further our work in topical areas from workforce development to forensic standards—and to enjoy spending some time together while we’re at it,” said S. Joe Bhatia, ANSI president and CEO. “We welcome anyone who would like to join us for these gatherings, in-person in Washington, DC, or virtually through our hybrid events.”
Event details are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 17
- ANSI National Policy Advisory Group (NPAG), 11am-2pm ET: discussions on NPAG’s recent work, government activities, the recently released National Recycling Strategy, and NIST-recommendations on consumer-focused cybersecurity labeling programs for IoT and software. Open to NPAG and ANSI members; free. (View agenda)
- USNC Young and Emerging Professionals National Meet-Up and Launch Event, 11:45am-6pm ET: a platform for active engagement among young and emerging electrotechnology standardization professionals, as well as an interactive working session and a networking reception. Open to all; free. (View agenda)
- Wednesday, May 18
- WSW Spring Conference: Technology and the Workforce, 10am-3pm ET: three fireside chat-style panels examining how the acceleration of technology is impacting the U.S. workforce, workplace, and standardization community. Keynote speaker Van Ton-Quinlivan, CEO of Futuro Health, will share a proven workforce development framework – and showcase its application as healthcare grapples with competencies, courses, badges, certificates, and degrees to build the talent pool it needs. Hosted by ANSI in partnership with Workcred. Open to all; free. (View agenda)
- ANSI Leadership and Service Awards, 6-9:30 pm ET: a reception and dinner that honors outstanding leaders and achievers in U.S. and global voluntary standards-setting and conformity assessment activities. Open to all; ANSI member: $110, non-member: $140. (View awardees)
- Thursday, May 19
- ANSI Legal Issus Forum, 10am-3pm ET: discussions on the unique interplay between forensic standards, conformity assessment, and the law. Featuring a keynote address by Judge Pamela King, District Court Judge of Minnesota’s 3rd Judicial District, and panels of forensic science experts and legal experts. Open to all; free. (View agenda)
- U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day, 5:30-9:30pm: a reception, dinner, and celebration of the critical role of various stakeholders across the standards community, including business leaders, industry, academia, and government. Featuring the presentation of the Ronald H. Brown Standards Leadership award to Ernest Grant, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, current president of the American Nurses Association, as well as the presentation of the WSD Paper Competition winners. Open to all with sponsorship; WSD registration is separate from ANSI WSW events.
See ansi.org/wsweek to learn more about each event, access agendas, and register for any of the above events.