As a service to our members and constituents in the U.S. standards and
conformity assessment community, ANSI provides an online network connecting the
most progressive companies with the most qualified career-minded individuals.
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private non-profit
organization that administers and coordinates the U.S. voluntary
standardization and conformity assessment system. Positions currently available
with ANSI and the ANSI-ASQ (American Society for Quality) National
Accreditation Board ACLASS and ANAB programs include:
ANSI Staff Positions
- Content Strategist, New York, NY
- Program Administrator, USNC, International Policy, New York, NY
- Membership Assistant, New York, NY
- Communications Associate, New York, NY
- CRM Solutions Developer, New York, NY
ANSI Contractual Opportunities
Other Employment Opportunities
- Certification Manager, Catonsville, MD
- Senior Vice President of Standards Development, Ontario, CA
- Specialist, Quality Management Systems, Certification, Chicago, IL
- Standards Program Manager, Daytona Beach, FL; Alexandria, VA
- Conformity Assessment Advisor, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Plans Examiner, Mount Vernon, Washington
- Certification Manager, Chicago, IL, Washington, D.C.
- Senior Vice President, Standards, Arlington, VA
||Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) the largest society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.), management science, and analytics is searching for a Certification Manager.
CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) is the premier global professional certification for analytics professionals. Now in its 3rd year of operation, CAPs are employed in 20 percent of the fortune 100. With its application for ANSI accreditation currently pending review, and the recent launch of the Associate CAP certification, CAP is poised for continued strong growth around the world.
The CAP Certification Manager will lead the development, management and implementation of the Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) Program. Working closely with the Analytics Certification Board (ACB), the Certification Manager will ensure the excellence of the Program. This is a leadership role with overall responsibility for promoting the mission and directing the growth of the Certification Program.
The Certification Manager recommends and participates in planning short and long term program policies and growth goals and certification office functions. Supports the work of the Analytics Certification Board and serves as the liaison between the certification program and other internal and external groups. Enforces program policies and rules and implements and executes program projects.
Works with the Director of Public Affairs and Marketing to develop and implement a cohesive marketing and communications program to promote CAP/aCAP awareness and growth and to prepare and manage the annual operating budget. Ensures program conforms to certification standards, especially those required for ANSI accreditation to the ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
- Actively participates in the continuing development of the analytics certification program as an advisor to the ACB.
- Keeps the ACB, certification committee chairs, and INFORMS staff/volunteer leadership fully informed about the conditions and operation of the certification program and on all important factors influencing them.
- Develops policies and procedures and determines goals and objectives for the certification program. Directs and manages the certification program including setting priorities for projects and assigning tasks to volunteers and/or other staff.
- Contributes to and coordinates the development and implementation of the certification program marketing and communications plans.
- Serves as the liaison between the certification program, INFORMS and other organizations with related interests. Represents INFORMS at meetings of other organizations with related interests and the general public. Assists with the certification module in the association management system.
- Identifies and researches required consultants and testing agencies. Negotiates contracts as authorized by the Director or Executive Director. Manages all contractual agreements.
- Provides staff support to meetings of the ACB, the ACB Executive Committee and ad hoc and standing committees of the ACB; prepares agenda for review by the Chair of the ACB, distributes agenda and other support documents prior to meeting, acts as secretary at the meeting, prepares meeting minutes for review by the ACB Chair, distributes minutes.
- Provides managerial support for certification committees/working groups including functioning as secretary, parliamentarian, and project manager for the groups.
- Manages the development of all certification program publications and reports, including regular program performance metrics.
- Reviews certification organization policies and procedures annually to determine the need for revision. Makes recommendations to the ACB on suggested changes/amendments.
- Knowledge of certification processes and standards of practice for certification programs
- Basic understanding of basic psychometric principles.
- Understanding of business principles and familiarity with marketing and communications.
- Knowledge and skill in administration and management, including the ability to analyze complex issues/problems, set priorities, assign responsibility, coordinate the work of others and manage finances.
- Must clearly and tactfully communicate with others and work as team player.
- Strong organization skills, especially ability to organize data and documents.
- Good oral and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Good research skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle issues of a confidential nature.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree required in an applicable area of specialty.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization with budget and fiscal management responsibilities required.
- Experience operating a certification program required.
- Analytics/operations research background preferred, but not required.
- Must have the ability to perform moderately strenuous activities including but not limited to sustained activities (continual bending, stooping etc.) and lifting and moving packages up to 25lbs.
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) is the largest society in the world for professionals in the field of operations research (O.R.), management science, and analytics. INFORMS serves the scientific and professional needs of analytics professionals and operations researchers including educators, scientists, students, managers, analysts, and consultants. The Institute serves as a focal point for analytics and O.R. professionals, permitting them to communicate with each other and reach out to other professional societies, as well as the varied clientele of the profession's research and practice.
||Senior Vice President of Standards Development
A visionary and proactive leader for the Standards Department is strategically important to the success of the IAPMO Group. The position of Vice President of Standards Development requires an individual with knowledge of consensus standards development procedures and familiarity with the industries that the IAPMO Group’s business units serve. The position demands a dedicated individual with the ability to recognize new opportunities in the field of standardization that will provide for the financial growth of the IAPMO Group and that foster the benefits that standardization processes provide for businesses, societal advancement and protection of the environment.
- Work to build the IAPMO Standards Department into a globally recognized leader for the development of consensus-based standards.
- Develop standards on behalf of IAPMO Group business units, including IAPMO, the American Society of Sanitary Engineers (ASSE), the Radiant Professionals Alliance (RPA), or other business entities or partnerships, as required.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IAPMO/ANSI Standards, IAPMO Guide Criteria, and Property Standards.
- Manage and direct the processes required to obtain and maintain regionally or nationally based accreditations, as directed, for the IAPMO Group to operate as a fully recognized Standards Developing Organization (SDO).
- Oversee IAPMO’s involvement at all relevant standards development committees and other industry activities, as assigned.
- Participate in industry efforts to develop internationally harmonized standards.
- Initiate the development of new guidance criteria and Property Standards (PS).
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with staff and committees of other standards developing organizations, such as ASTM, ISO, ASPE, CSA, NSF International, ASHRAE, ARCSA, and APSP, and specifically with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Monitor ANSI Standards Action, standards developing organization activity reports, model code development update activities and ISO Proposals to identify activities of interest to the IAPMO Group.
- Independently identify, evaluate and recommend new or expanded areas of standards development activities that have potential for generating new business opportunities and for providing incremental growth.
- Work closely with Senior Staff to identify and leverage beneficial business opportunities.
- Provide technical support for the IAPMO Code Development Department.
- Attend jurisdictional meetings, code hearings and informational meetings in support of adoption of IAPMO codes, standards and positions, as required
- Represent IAPMO at various national technical conferences, trade shows and expositions.
- Represent IAPMO as a speaker and seminar presenter.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Demonstrates a high standard of ethical behavior for others to follow.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with other IAPMO business unit leaders.
- Collaborate with other department leaders to ensure appropriate inclusiveness.
- Meet the objectives of all other relevant duties as may be assigned but not specifically listed herein.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with other IAPMO employees, IAPMO codes and standards stakeholders, IAPMO Group customers, standards development organizations, model code developers, vendors, governmental agencies, and, if required, emergency personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Primarily works in a climate controlled environment.
- Objectively and rationally makes complex decisions.
- Respects others and the work they perform.
- Demonstrates competence and shares knowledge.
- Performs duties in an organized and thoughtful manner.
- Adheres to the Company’s policies, procedures, code of conduct, standards, expectations of performance, and confidentiality requirements.
- Operates in a safe manner at all times consistent with IAPMO Group Policy.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related field or comparable years of related experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in an engineering field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a product testing, certification, standard development field, or related field.
- Detailed knowledge of national and international standards development procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent presentation, writing and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IAPMO R&T
A division of the IAPMO Group, IAPMO R&T is a premier plumbing and mechanical product certification agency in North America.
It is accredited by ANSI, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), and Entidad Mexicana de Acreditación, A.C. (ema), and recognized by Comisión Nacional del Agua (CONAGUA). IAPMO R&T Marks of
Conformity are widely recognized and represent the highest degree of integrity in showing compliance with established codes and standards across a wide range of certification categories.
||Specialist, Quality Management Systems, Certification
||American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
This person is responsible for developing and administering a quality management system designed in a manner to be consistent with all third-party accreditation for NCCA and ISO 17024. In addition, this position is responsible for working directly without all 3rd party accreditation
bodies that Certification Services has achieved accreditation. Finally, this position is responsible for providing staff liaison services to the CCHIIM.
The duties are the following:
- Develop and implement a quality management system in full compliance with ISO 17024 and NCCA Standards.
- Provide staff administrative services to the CCHIIM including but not limited to coordination of meetings, meeting summaries, conference calls, CCHIIM rosters maintenance and annual Commissioner election processes.
- Coordinate all LEAN initiatives within Certification Services.
- Provide monthly reports to the VP, Certification Services covering quality issues and continuous improvement opportunities and other areas designated by the VP.
- Maintain program records and data in a secure and confidential manner in accordance with policies and procedures in order to document decision making, provide public information and required notifications, and fulfill legal and ethical obligation.
- Execute the budget by monitoring revenue and expenditures on an ongoing basis in order to identify the need for adjustments and support decision making about the program.
- Develop and present an annual Management Review Report for presentation to the Vice President, Certification Services, AHIMA CEO and the CCHIIM Executive Officers
- Develop program budgets using available resources in order to comply with the organization’s policies.
- Provide training to staff, volunteers, and others on the AHIMA Certification Services quality management system and other areas related to quality.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years experience in leading the development and implementation of quality management system (ISO 9000 or ISO 17024 preferred)
- Experience in administering an internal audit system
- Familiarity with voluntary, 3rd-party accreditation standards, including The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), and the accreditation program for Personnel Certification Bodies under ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with committees/volunteers and meeting planning and facilitation
- Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Experience in LEAN Principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of all MS Office products is a must.
How to Apply
To apply: send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
AHIMA, an association of health information management (HIM) professionals, is committed to advancing the HIM profession in an increasingly electronic and global environment through leadership in advocacy, education, certification, and lifelong learning. AHIMA is recognized as the premier source of “HIM knowledge,” the respected authority for rigorous professional certification, and one of the industry’s most active and influential advocates in Congress.
||Standards Program Manager
||Daytona Beach, FL; Alexandria, VA
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International is seeking an individual for the position of Standards Program Manager.
The APCO International’s Headquarters office is located in Daytona Beach, Florida with executive offices located in Alexandria, Virginia.
The incumbent may reside in either location or an option to work remotely will be considered.
APCO International is the world’s oldest and largest organization of public safety communications professionals and supports the largest U.S. membership base of any public safety association. It serves the needs of public safety
communications practitioners worldwide - and the welfare of the general public as a whole – by providing complete expertise, professional development, technical assistance, advocacy and outreach.
The incumbent will oversee APCO International Standards Projects and Development as assigned and serve as liaison to APCO International Committees, Taskforces, Workgroups, etc.
Primary staff liaison to Standards Development Committee and associated subcommittes and work groups. Serves as knowledge expert on general and complex areas related to standards development.
The incumbent will also provide liaison, updates and manages web master contacts for assigned committee, projects and task force websites. Understands and solves problems as appropriate on issues identified by members as important to them.
Support committee projects, task forces to respond to member inquiries, post information on website and assist association members. May be assigned responsibility of representing APCO when dealing with other associations and organizations.
The incumbent will be tasked to:
- Provide focused and purposeful leadership related to APCO International Standards Development work
- Provides quality customer service in all aspects of the standards portfolio including to association members, committees, subcommittees, external organizations and customers
- Accepts responsibility and is accountable for the standards management portfolio
- Has a basic understanding or the ability to learn the concepts of 9-1-1 and PSAP operations
- Represents APCO International and the Communications Center and 9-1-1 Services Department at industry trade shows and conferences, including booth attendance and development/delivery of presentations as needed
- Serve as Staff Liaison for APCO International Standards Development efforts
- Complete special projects as directed by the Communications Center and 9-1-1 Services Director
- Participate as part of a team to develop standards related training packages
- Travel in connection with the portfolio to include overnight meetings and conferences
The successful candidate will need:
- Ability to learn Emerging technologies impacting public safety comunications
- Appreciable knowledge of standards and standards development
- Strong knowledge of developmental tools for preparation of required reports, forms and other electronic communications
- Appreciable knowledge of Kavi, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Knowledge of available resource material and use in performing job duties
- Ability to quickly understand APCO
- Knowledge of member support systems
- Knowledge of Regulatory Principals
- Fundamental understanding of American National Standards Institute organization, procedures and policies
- Effectively interface with committee membership, APCO elected leadership and APCO Senior Staff. Provide appropriate guidance to all stakeholders
- Ability to set clear and obtainable goals and objectives and the ability to establish effective follow-up mechanisms to measure achievement of established goals and objectives
Minimum requirements include:
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted
- Basic knowledge of public safety communications and demonstrable experience in project management and standards work will be considered as key factors to meet minimum requirements
- Minimum five years related management experience
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel by vehicle or air as required
APCO International offers a competitive salary supplemented by a comprehensive benefit program including a 401K plan. Salary range is $60k - $70k dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or 351 N Williamson Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL, 32114; or fax 386.944.2719.
Visit our website at www.apcointl.org
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
||Conformity Assessment Advisor
||Dhaka, Bangladesh / Consultant home of record
||Consultant (Short-term), Assignment Duration: March 1 – May 15, 2017
Assignment Background: To support the United States vision of an Indo-Pacific Economic Corridor (IPEC) that bridges South and Southeast Asia, the USAID Asia and Middle East Economic Growth Best Practices project (AMEG) is working to promote regional stability and
economic prosperity by implementing programs that will build broader cooperation among the countries of South Asian and between South and Southeast Asia, which increases opportunities for U.S. businesses. IPEC seeks to increase physical infrastructure, energy,
trade, and people-to-people ties. This assignment supports the South Asia Regional Standards Organization (SARSO), based in Dhaka, to prepare a roadmap for the implementation of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Agreement on Multilateral
Arrangements for Recognition of Conformity Assessment (MARCA).
Problems with conformity assessment — including procedures, capacities, and technical regulations — are among the most significant barriers to regional trade integration in South Asia. For example, India, the largest economy in South Asia,
rarely accepts certificates issued by an accredited conformity assessment body located in another SAARC member. Testing facilities are often located far from ports of entry; for example, samples of imported food consignments arriving in India at Petrapole are tested
in Kolkata, which is a three-hour drive away. Test results take a minimum of three days to obtain, even for perishables, and are often measured in weeks. Demurrage costs were estimated by one trader at 7 to 8 percent of the value of the goods. Certification for
imports into North East India take longer due to the lack of quality infrastructure in the area; for example, couriering samples from the Bangladesh border with Assam to the nearest lab takes four days in each direction.
In 2008, SAARC members agreed to establish the South Asia Regional Standards Organization (SARSO); the founding agreement was ratified in 2011 and its director general was appointed in April 2014. SAARC and SARSO have established a number of Sectoral Technical Committees (STCs)
to review existing standards and harmonize standards across SAARC. To date, SAARC STCs have starting to harmonize standards of 29 commonly traded goods.
SARSO reported during an in-person meeting with the IPEC team in December 2016 that MARCA was fully ratified by all SAARC member countries and entered into force as of October 2016.
With MARCA now ratified, SARSO will assume an even greater leadership role in promoting and ensuring harmonized standards are implemented and recognized across the region. MARCA establishes a conformity assessment board under SARSO that
will approve conformity assessment bodies in each member state to provide another member state with testing and inspection reports for one or more products from a list of products (to be agreed upon by all members). When MARCA is fully implemented,
countries will have an incentive to improve their national conformity assessment bodies’ capacity in order to be recognized under the agreement. MARCA will also provide greater assurance for members that they will not be required to accept imports that
do not meet commonly agreed conformity assessment standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Following the full ratification of MARCA, SARSO is positioned to promote the increased recognition of conformity assessment results across South Asia. MARCA includes a proposed Board of Conformity Assessment which reports to the SARSO Governing Board,
while the SARSO Secretariat, based in Dhaka, is responsible for coordinating and reviewing MARCA implementation. Assistance under this activity will focus on developing a roadmap for the full implementation of MARCA, including an analysis of the
implementing regulations, operating procedures, and capacity needed within SARSO to oversee and lead MARCA implementation.
The conformity assessment advisor will primarily be responsible for the following illustrative tasks:
- Review the current status of MARCA and develop a roadmap toward MARCA implementation, with a focus on SARSO and relevant Bangladeshi standards institutions.
- Validate roadmap draft with SAARC representatives to enhance understanding and ownership of MARCA across the region.
- Identify opportunities for future research and additional donor assistance to SARSO, whether from USAID or other donors active in South Asia, particularly as it relates to MARCA implementation.
The conformity assessment advisor will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Draft Roadmap to MARCA Implementation: will include (1) an overview of the medium- and long-term impact of MARCA implementation,
- an overview of the regulations, systems, and capacities that would need to change or be developed for full implementation of MARCA (focusing on SARSO as an institution and relevant Bangladeshi institutions), and
- an initial list of potential implementing rules and regulations.
Period of Performance/Level of Effort
The assignment will take place at the consultant’s home of record and Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The period of performance for this assignment is on/about March 1 – May 15, 2017. The estimated level of effort (LOE) required for the assignment is up to 35 days, inclusive of the field visit,
which is estimated to require up to 20 days in Dhaka. The remaining 15 days will be completed at the consultant’s home of record for field work preparation and deliverable completion following the assignment. The field assignment is tentatively scheduled for on/around March 10 – April 1.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an advisor or senior advisor on standards/harmonization, conformity assessment, WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, or other relevant technical sector for USAID or other USG-funded programs
- Master’s degree or PhD in relevant field preferred; bachelor’s degree required
- Strong research and writing skills mandatory
- Experience working with and knowledge of South Asia trade issues, particularly as they relate to regional standards harmonization and conformity assessment in Asia, with specific experience in Bangladesh and/or other SAARC countries preferred
- Well-honed “soft” skills in collaborating with the client, ability to adapt to changing circumstances and requests, and to work independently
- Willingness to travel to Dhaka on/about March 2017 for a 3-4 week assignment
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to AMEGPMU@chemonics.com with “IPEC Conformity Assessment Advisor” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with preference for materials received no later than February 27, 2017.
||Mount Vernon, Washington
SALARY: $25.30 - $32.19 Hourly
$2,192.67 - $2,789.80 Semi-Monthly
$4,385.33 - $5,579.60 Monthly
$52,624.00 - $66,955.20 Annually
OPENING DATE: 02/01/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Please note, first review of applications will take place 2/14. Applications received after that date may
not be considered should a candidate be found in the first review. Desired start date for this position
will be 3/15/17.
Salary upon hire for this position is $25.30/hr - $27.09/hr depending upon qualifications.
Review residential, accessory and commercial building plans and construction drawings for structural
and non-structural compliance with building codes, federal and state-mandated codes, and County
ordinances and policies. Provide information to the public on permits, codes and code interpretation.
Ensure that public and private buildings and other construction projects in Skagit County are in
compliance with codes and safe to occupy.
- Perform detailed analysis of commercial, residential, accessory and agricultural building
construction plans for compliance with building codes, state energy codes, barrier-free codes,
mobile home setup standards, and County ordinances and policies.Review engineering
calculations, data and design criteria. Coordinate the plan review process with other disciplines
within the department and outside consultants, engineers, architects, contractors, and home
- Oversee function of building field inspections by delegating workload and assigning tasks to the
Building Inspectors working in those positions.
- Assist the Building Inspectors by explaining, interpreting, and reviewing applicable building
- Maintain construction and application files and records.Write detailed plan review correction
letters and other technical correspondence.
- Maintain electronic permit records.
- Assist Building Official with special projects such as promoting departmental goals and increasing
- Provide training for permit staff on code topics.
- Provide assistance to the public by phone or at the public counter.Answer permit and code
questions, and assist in code interpretation.
- Perform field inspections as alternate Building Inspector.Reviews field work for consistency with
approved plans and specifications.Write field inspection reports and construction correction
notices.Coordinate reinspections as required.
- Support emergency response team.
Other job functions:
May be tasked with performing related duties. Related duties are duties that may not be specifically
listed in the position description, but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level
typically associated with the employee's classification of work.
- Two years' experience as a plans examiner or building inspector; or,
- Two or more years of college education with major course works in building construction
technology, codes, civil or structural engineering, architecture, or equivalent.
- Two or more years in building construction or construction management preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted which provides the
skills, knowledge and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Requires knowledge of:
- Current building codes, standards, and other regulations pertaining to construction and
- Construction methods and materials.
Requires the ability to:
- Be resourceful and flexible in seeking solutions.
- Enforce ordinances and regulations firmly, tactfully and impartially.
- Express ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
- Plan, schedule, and review the work and performance of subordinates to ensure the safety,
health and welfare of the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, other employees and the
- Operate standard office equipment, including computer (word processing).
- Keep current with new information on changing codes and technology.
- Review plans for conformance with guidelines and codes in a quality and timely manner.
- Communicate with the public effectively, orally and in writing, and to resolve conflicts.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- International Code Council (ICC) Certified Plans Examiner
- International Code Council (ICC) Certified Building Inspector
- Valid Washington State driver's license.
Working conditions/physical requirements:
Most work is performed in an office environment. Occasional field work at various job sites. Inspections
may require walking on steep or uneven terrain, lifting, crawling, climbing on ladders and forms,
entering and exiting awkward or confined spaces.
Those present in a normal office environment. Physical hazard may be present during inspection of
unsafe job sites. Occasional walking on uneven or steep terrain. Driving hazards to sites and meetings.
Possible hazards in the field such as dogs, upset landowners, etc.
Following review of applications and resumes, the highest qualified applicants will be interviewed and
may be tested. After a selection is made, all applicants not selected will be notified in writing. Skagit
County reserves the right to use applications received for this posting to fill any other positions within
this classification which may open within six months following the closing of this position.
Skagit County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages applicants from diverse
backgrounds to apply.
It is the policy of Skagit County to follow all federal and state laws to ensure non-discrimination in its
American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Notice: Individuals, who need an ADA accommodation to complete
the application, test or interview process, please call: (360) 416-1380.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions
of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but
should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other
duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak
work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Changes to the position description may be made
at the discretion of the employer.
How to Apply
Application may be filled online at:
1800 Continental Pl
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Position #2005-0217, Plans Examiner
Plans Examiner Supplemental Questionnaire
*Describe your experience performing plan review for compliance with the International Building Code and International Residential Code
*Provide a list of your ICC certifications
||Chicago, IL, Washington, D.C.
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an experienced Certification Manager to join the Education & Learning Services (ELS) team in either our Washington DC or Chicago office. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs.
What You Will Do
- Development and execution of certification strategy and plans
- Work with volunteer subject matter experts with strategy, content and exam development and delivery methodology
- Manage various certification delivery platforms, to include eLearning, blended learning approaches, podcasts, instructional design, learning management systems, certification tracking tools, etc.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and management
- Oversight and execution of test development activities
- Serve as staff liaison to education and certification oversight committees
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of education and certification program administration
- Develop financials (monitoring revenue/expense performance and staff time and fees)
- Allocate time according to budget and create critical dates and project plans
- Contribute effective and creative ideas to client planning and analysis processes
- Oversee integrity of communications with internal teams, vendors, speakers and volunteers as it relates to educational programs and initiatives
- Coordinate the activities of assistants and other staff, as required
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for continuing education and professional development
- You are motivated by a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You are flexible and adaptable, and enjoy diversity in your work
- You want to work alongside driven, supportive and caring colleagues
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented with a strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- You have the ability to travel 20% to attend educational events and client meetings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, to include experience in education and certification program/project coordination
- Experience in the association space is highly preferred
- 1-2 years of people management experience is preferred
- Proven expertise of certification/testing industry standards, testing vendor community
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend certification and testing policies, procedures and guidelines
- Experience with various certification management systems and testing software
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website
for Washington, DC at:
for Chicago, IL at:
||Senior Vice President, Standards
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) has long been the preeminent standards development organization for healthcare technology and the primary source of consensus standards for the medical device industry.
Our members focus on how healthcare technology can enhance the patient experience. This highly visible position as the SVP of Standards makes a significant impact. AAMI brings experts together on the issues that standards and regulations alone cannot solve – and you will be leading the development
and delivery of key initiatives that will improve safety for millions of patients nationwide.
The AAMI community is global and diverse, working in hospitals, medical device companies, academia, accrediting bodies, and government agencies around the world. AAMI provides a unique forum for everyone with an interest in patient safety and healthcare technology, including government regulators, clinical and biomedical
engineers and technicians, physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, educators, scientists, manufacturers, and distributors.
As the SVP of Standards, you will have a broad portfolio and the platform to highlight important emerging issues. You will work closely with industry leaders and senior regulators, literally setting the standards for the future of healthcare technology. This is an unmatched opportunity to identify key issues in healthcare,
assemble the best and brightest minds, and work together to get results.
You will be joining AAMI at an opportune time; reporting directly to the newly appointed CEO and managing a budget of $2.5 million, you will oversee a team of 8 in the standards program, a foundational department from which many programs in other departments emerge. It is one of the most visible and global programs in AAMI’s
portfolio and its success is essential to AAMI's success. In this role, you will coach and mentor the team, continuing AAMI’s role as a world class global SDO for regulated medical technology and related processes; enhancing AAMI's image and stature; building key strategic relationships; and supporting the value of standards development.
As staff advisor to program leadership committees (Committee on Standards Strategy and Standards Board), you will play a pivotal role in the development of AAMI’s strategic plan and serve as an advisor to other departments.
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is a unique alliance of nearly 7,000 members from around the world united by one critical mission: increasing the understanding and beneficial use of healthcare technology. AAMI members improve medical device safety through the development and use of AAMI standards, professional certification, education, summits, and other technical resources. Industry, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and others rely on AAMI to disseminate high-quality, objective information that helps to make technology used in the care and treatment of patients safer and more effective.
AAMI is a financially strong association with more than 40 employees and forward-looking
leadership. Our members consistently report a high level of satisfaction with our publications,
education materials, training, seminars, and certification programs and view us as a go-to
In 2010, there was no safe place where industry clinicians and regulators could have candid
discussions around particular challenges with healthcare technology, so we created the AAMI
Foundation, a space where people from multiple disciplines could come together and work
through issues most critical to the industry. No other nonprofit organization is focused
exclusively on technology-related safety issues in healthcare.
- Provide strategic and business oversight for the standards development program.
Recommend and manage policies, practices, and direction of the standards program.
- Actively participate as a member of the senior executive leadership team, advising the
CEO and providing input on all organizational matters and business decisions.
- Provide leadership and develop an environment in the Standards Department to foster
inter-departmental collaboration and teamwork across departments (maximize the value
of standards across AAMI; strengthen membership recruitment and retention efforts;
help make the standards production process more efficient; brainstorm new marketing
and product opportunities; provide insight and expected timelines for standards that are
in development; support outreach about standards through AAMI publications; etc.).
- Manage/coach standards department staff and promote their professional development
and succession planning. Improve, update, and implement best practices for department
processes, practices, and programs, including efficient workflow, customer service,
benchmarks, project management tools, staff and volunteer training tools, and
- Interact with corporate members and other external stakeholders, identify their needs,
address their concerns, and seek opportunities for expanded positive relationships.
Provide leadership to the Committee on Standards Strategy and support the department
staff’s leadership to the Standards Board.
- Oversee management of the standards department budget with fiscal responsibility and
accountability for following the financial regimen and budget protocols and policies.
- With the membership staff, develop new programs and ways to enhance provided
services and make membership more valuable to members and more attractive to
potential members (e.g., start-ups, clinician technologists, etc.).
- Look for opportunities to grow new business through products and services that can be
initiated from the development of new standards.
- Ensure that ANSI, ISO, IEC, and AAMI procedures are followed, and that AAMI is always prepared for its ANSI audits. Oversee ANSI accreditation and compliance processes so that AAMI’s accreditation status is maintained.
- Actively build, manage, and maintain key governmental relationships with regulatory agencies, including the FDA, CMS, NIST, OSHA, DOD, NIH, and the FCC.
- Evaluate and expand opportunities for user participation in the standards development process and implement more user-oriented standards.
- Oversee planning and implementation of technology and process improvements to standards development to facilitate efficient workflow for staff and committee members.
- At least 10 years of management experience in an organization that either develops standards or does program development with similarities to standards development or consensus building toward concrete program outcomes. Familiarity with medical technology industry or healthcare is desirable.
- Knowledge of national and international standards policies, systems, and procedures, and understanding of consensus development is highly desirable, along with knowledge of regulatory and other uses of voluntary standards, both in the U.S. and globally.
- Strong communications skills and ability to collaborate/partner with other staff, members, and vendors on numerous and diverse businesses relationships. Member/customer relations and public speaking experience is highly desirable. Promotional writing and publications experience are helpful.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Proven ability to lead program development (more important than technical expertise in managing committee work).
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in business, science, or technical communications. Graduate degree and/or certification in relevant areas is highly desirable.
- Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, and financial management. Knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices and principles is required.
- Experience managing staff, with a demonstrated team approach to management.
- Proven experience/skills partnering with members/customers and external organizations.
- Ability to travel six to eight weeks annually, including domestic (local) and international travel.
- Credible and broadly influential. You possess a deep understanding of healthcare and the challenges facing healthcare technology. You are viewed as a credible expert with stature and a passion for improving healthcare quality and safety. You have a proven track record of building strong relationships and
partnerships and getting results. You are known for your poise, leadership, and diplomacy and your ability to communicate and influence senior leaders.
- Organizationally agile. You give respect and earn respect. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You share information, work cooperatively, seek out relevant information, decide the appropriate steps and get the desired results. You effortlessly adjust your style and message to convey value to different audiences.
- Results driven. You see the big picture, monitor your key metrics, and take the action necessary to produce results. You understand that success in this role requires taking full strategic advantage of each meeting, event, and phone call to foster rapport and deliver on our key priorities. You work confidently and are
seen as knowledgeable and trustworthy.
- A strategic problem solver. You are a critical thinker. You are hands-on, ask questions, and come up to speed quickly. You work with a sense of urgency and dive in without being asked. You enjoy defining new opportunities to pursue. You understand the issues and you are always willing to take on new challenges.
- Attentive to detail. Your impeccable work style sets the standard. You have command of both the process and the details.
- A servant-leader. You engage people in a way that makes them want to work even harder to support the cause. You are known for how you “get things done” while at the same time building support in a way that the community wants you to be successful.
- An excellent priority manager. You easily identify what’s urgent from what’s a priority. You are able to make a thorough review of the agenda at hand and make sound decisions on what takes precedence going forward.
- An effective communicator. You are a superb writer, thinker, and listener. You are able to deliver complex information and presentations to a variety of audiences in a credible and understandable way.
- Personally resilient. You are effective in “start-up” mode and know how to launch major initiatives. You have a unique ability to know what is needed in the moment without losing sight of what the organization can become. In one moment, this could be non-glamorous work and in another, it could be framing a complex issue for
staff, the board, faculty, regulators, or key corporate or other members and customers.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, collegial team of passionate and committed colleagues. Your work will be appreciated and you will be joining a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have the support of a stable organization with resources. AAMI was founded almost 50 years ago and has a solid reputation throughout the national and international healthcare technology community.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k); education reimbursement; 10 paid holidays; and more.
- AAMI offers a unique and generous incentive/bonus program whereby a staff member can earn a percentage of his or her salary each year by meeting specific annual goals above and beyond specific routine job responsibilities.
How to Apply
Simply email your resume to Bob Corlett at email@example.com with “AAMI – SVP of Standards/2016-2179 CW” as the subject of the email.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Need an Intern? ANSI to Expand Careers Page to Include Standardization Community Internships
As a service to our members and constituents in the U.S. standards and conformity assessment community, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
provides an online career network.
Available at www.ansi.org/careers, the page includes ANSI staff positions and contractual opportunities, as well as positions with
ANSI member organizations.
With guidance from ANSI's Committee on Education, the careers page is now being revitalized to
include internship opportunities as well.
ANSI members and other standardization community stakeholders are invited to send any internship opportunities to ANSI for inclusion in the new site. The posting is
free and it’s easy to do – just follow the brief instructions and send the
internship position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As ANSI receives positions for posting, the careers page will be updated to include a new section dedicated to internship opportunities.
Questions? Contact Liz Neiman, senior director of communications and public relations, at email@example.com.
||Noblis Summer Internship Program
||Falls Church, VA
40 hrs a week for the 8 week period,
June 1 to July 24,
$16-25 depending on school year
Guided and mentored by our expert staff (including former interns!), Noblis summer interns augment their classroom learning with hands on project work in:
- Modeling and simulation
- Cyber security
- Systems engineering
- Computer science
- Biometric technologies
- Life and chemical/biological sciences
- Telecommunications (including wireless technologies)
- Data/Knowledge management
- Corporate business operations, e.g., finance and accounting, human resources/organizational development, information technology, event planning/coordination.
Your contributions will make an enduring impact in the areas of National Security & Intelligence; Enterprise Transformation; Environmental Sustainability; Transportation (Air and Ground);
Health Care Innovation; Noblis Sponsored Research; and Corporate Business Operations.
Noblis is consistently recognized as a "Great Place to Work" and "One of the Best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For" by Washingtonian Magazine, Entrepreneur and The Great Place to Work Institute.
Noblis maintains a drug-free, smoke-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you bring to the table:
- Proof of Permanent Residency or U.S. citizenship status;
- A GPA of 3.3 or higher in your undergraduate, graduate or doctoral studies;
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills and team work skills.
Students majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related major will possess skills such as:
- knowledge of software development processes and tooling, e.g., agile development, scrum;
- experience with version control systems and techniques, e.g., Subversion, Git, MS TFS;
- experience with software architecture (UML, etc), system administration, network administration.
Noblis does not provide temporary housing or subsidize the cost of temporary housing for summer interns. We recommend George Mason University (http://housing.gmu.edu/summer/intern/).
Please apply through our external website: https://jobs-noblis.icims.com/jobs/3542/challenging%2c-paid-summer-internships/job
||Standardization Community Internships
Washington Internships for Students of Engineering (WISE)
Each year, outstanding engineering students are selected to spend nine weeks in Washington, D.C., learning about the public policy process,
including how government officials make decisions on complex technological issues and how engineers can contribute to legislative and regulatory public policy decisions.
9 weeks each summer
Must be at least a Junior/Senior level student attending college
Visit www.wise-intern.org to submit an application (Deadline is December 31 each year)