The ANSI Government Member Forum (GMF) provides a forum for the discussion of government standards and conformity assessment issues, as they relate to ANSI and its members. Representatives of virtually every federal department participate in the ANSI GMF.
As a membership forum of ANSI, the functions of the ANSI Government Member Forum include the following:
- Provide a venue for discussion, networking, and information exchange among members from a defined interest category
- Provide a mechanism for early warning and intelligence gathering on relevant trends
- Address issues of interest to their membership category and galvanize implementation at their constituent level
- Identify broader-based issues to be addressed by an identified ANSI governance body
- Assume an active role in ANSI membership recruitment and retention
- Serve as the one place within ANSI where participants can represent their own organization’s interests
In addition to the general functions described above, the GMF shall assist governmental entities in voluntary standards development activities and encourage participation by governmental agencies in the voluntary standards and conformity assessment process.
Operating Procedures of the Government Member Forum