The ANSI Organizational Member Forum (OMF) provides a forum for U.S. professional societies, trade associations, standards developers and academia to come together to discuss national and international standards and conformity assessment issues of interest. The Organizational Member Forum meets twice a year, typically in the Spring and Fall (in conjunction with World Standards Week). Any Organizational Member of ANSI is welcome to attend.
As a membership forum of ANSI, the functions of the ANSI Organizational Member Forum include the following:
- Provide a venue for discussion, networking, and information exchange among members from a defined interest category
- Provide a mechanism for early warning and intelligence gathering on relevant trends
- Address issues of interest to their membership category and galvanize implementation at their constituent level
- Identify broader-based issues to be addressed by an identified ANSI governance body
- Assume an active role in ANSI membership recruitment and retention
- Serve as the one place within ANSI where participants can represent their own organization’s interests