The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) encourages interested experts to participate in a new U.S. Technical Advisory Group (U.S. TAG) related to data usage.
The InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) recently formed a new technical committee that will serve as the U.S. TAG to ISO/IEC Joint Technical Committee 1, Information Technology, Subcommittee 32, Data management and interchange, Working Group 6, Data Usage. The U.S. TAG will develop and advance U.S. positions into WG 6, newly formed in August 2020, with the following terms of reference:
1. Serve as a focus for JTC 1's Data Usage standardization program
2. Develop standards in the area of Data Usage, including the two foundational standards on "Guidance for Data Usage" and "Terminology and Use Cases"
3. Excluded are domain specific Data Usage deliverables, such as those within the scope of other JTC 1 entities
4. Identify gaps in Data Usage standardization for consideration and propose potential new work for the relevant JTC 1 Subcommittees
5. Identify JTC 1, ISO, IEC and external organization entities that are developing standards and related materials that contribute to Data Usage, and for each entity investigate ongoing and potential new work
6. Develop and maintain a list of existing Data Usage standards produced and standards development projects underway within JTC 1 Subcommittees
Interested stakeholders are encouraged to contact Lynn Barra ([email protected]) to join the U.S. TAG and to RSVP for an organizational meeting, which will be held virtually on September 22, 2020, from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern.
The complete meeting notice and membership information can be found via this link.
U.S. experts to JTC 1/SC 32/WG 6, Data Usage must be members of the U.S. TAG, INCITS/Data Usage. The first two-years of membership (FY 2020 and FY 2021) on INCITS/Data Usage will be free - participation is available at no cost. Regular service fees will be assessed starting FY 2022.