Compliance Forms due by March 4
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) wishes to remind all ANSI-accredited standards developers (ASDs) to register for a 90-minute webinar on the 2024 ASD Procedural Compliance Form and the revisions contained in the 2024 edition of the ANSI Essential Requirements. The webinar will be held on January 31, 2024, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST; advance registration is required.
Additionally, the 2024 ASD Procedural Compliance Form issued via email must be completed by each ASD and submitted to ANSI by March 4, 2024.
Revisions to the ANSI Essential Requirements
Please note that there are two revisions, as indicated below, included in the 2024 edition of the ANSI Essential Requirements; access the inline revisions online.
- Section 4.3 Continuous Maintenance of American National Standards: Extends the life of an ANS under Continuous Maintenance (CM) to 10 years from the date of approval, given that such standards are open in their entirety for proposed revisions on a continuous basis and often have revisions pending at the 5-year maintenance mark.
- Section 5 Normative Policy and Procedures for ANSI Audited Designators (AD):
- Updated to reflect current expectations and requirements
- Updated to better reflect the intent and origins of the option
- Provides more specific application and maintenance criteria
- Sets expectations for applicants for AD status
Review and Submission Process
By returning the 2024 Compliance Form, individuals are confirming, on behalf of their organization, compliance with all provisions of the 2024 edition of the ANSI Essential Requirements. Please be sure that procedures fully comply and reflect current requirements before returning the form. Failure to return a completed 2024 ASD Procedural Compliance Form by the March 4 deadline may jeopardize an organization's status as an ANSI-accredited standards developer. To avoid this, and only if necessary, please request a filing extension before the deadline of March 4. Questions and extension requests should be directed to [email protected].
- Please review the recently updated and enhanced ANS pages on ANSI's website. These pages may be useful to an organization's staff and those who participate in the standards development process. See www.ansi.org and select "American National Standards" from the top bar. In particular, please note two paths that walk the reader through ANSI's requirements: 1) General Public; and 2) Standards Developers. Please also review the updated ANSI-Accredited Standards Developer list.
- Access many guidance documents that address the ANS process. These are available at www.ansi.org/asd and through the "Resource Center" tab, by selecting "American National Standards;" ANS Educational Webinars are posted in a sub-folder at www.ansi.org/asd.
- All ASDs are encouraged to review regularly the updated Lists of Approved and Proposed ANS. Regular review of these reports will support the timely maintenance of each ASD’s proposed and approved ANS, as well as assist with meaningful coordination efforts among ASDs. Specific updates to these lists may be sent by an ASD to [email protected]. Note that a direct link to these lists is also available on the Standards Action page, in addition to the 2024 ANSI Standards Action Publication Schedule.
ANSI thanks you for your cooperation and participation.