Company Member Forum
The Company Member Forum (CMF) provides a venue for ANSI members representing
the broad spectrum of U.S. industry to come together to discuss national,
regional and global standards and conformity assessment issues and collectively
shape and influence U.S. policy in the domestic and international arena. Many
ANSI corporate members cite this cross-industry networking as one of the
primary benefits of membership, which often results in alliances between
different Industries and cooperative partnering to leverage resources.
The Company Member Forum Overview
As a membership Forum of ANSI, the functions of the ANSI Company Member Forum
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a forum for discussion and networking by a defined interest category;
- Provide a mechanism for "early warning" of relevant trends;
- Address issues of interest primarily to their membership and galvanize implementation at their constituent level;
- Identify broader-based issues to be addressed by an identified governance body;
- Assume an active role in ANSI membership recruitment and retention; and
- Serve as the one place within ANSI where participants can represent their own organization's interests.
Some of the broad issues that the Company Member Forum works to advance include:
- developing solutions to cybersecurity and interoperability challenges faced by industry
- attracting newer and younger professionals to standards to counteract the “greying” of the profession
- finding methods of timely notification about impactful legislation and regulations
- expanding markets and exports of U.S. technology
- promoting global standards over national or regional standards
- eliminating non-tariff technical barriers to trade such as duplicative testing requirements
- reducing the number of marks of conformity
- supporting the supplier’s declaration of conformity while preserving third-party certification for those suppliers who choose to use it
- promoting voluntary standards over government regulations
- opposing management system standards that do not add value to products or end users or that mandate third party verification of conformance, and
- supporting greater efficiencies in the international standards processes of ISO and IEC.
Each company member of ANSI automatically becomes a member of the Forum and is entitled to receive documents and send representatives to meetings. The Company
Member Forum shall consist of one representative from each company member.
Complete list of ANSI company members
Forum officers include:
James Matthews, Corning Inc.
All ANSI company members are invited to actively participate in the CMF.
CMF’s Operating Guidelines.
Recognizing that U.S. industry has many cross-sector issues that are global in scope, the CMF has developed a new Emerging Issues Process (EIP) to promote cross-sector involvement.
The CMF EIP is an opportunity for members to work together to develop new ways
to identify, prioritize, leverage and integrate U.S. resources for new
standards related issues as they evolve. The EIP’s aim is to assure an
opportunity for appropriate stakeholders to have a voice early in the process
as an issue comes into the professional domain instead of only reacting to it
once it has moved out of that domain, e.g., into a regulatory one.
Currently, the CMF is recruiting emerging issue team members to help look at the following developing issues as part of the CMF EIP.
Schedule of upcoming meetings.
[Note: Please enter either Company Member Forum or CMF
in the Key Word search field in the ANSI Online calendar of events] The Company
Member Forum meets two times a year, typically in the Spring and the Fall (in
conjunction with World Standards Week). Any Company Member of ANSI is welcome
The ANSI Company Member Forum Document Library contains information available only to
registered CMF members. It requires a username and password to use.
Access the document library.
More information about document access.
Membership in ANSI
If you are not already a member of ANSI, find out more about the benefits of ANSI membership.
For a membership application form, click here or
Join Online now.
Vice President, Publications Sales and Membership
Senior Manager, Membership Marketing and Development