The American National Standards Institute
(ANSI) Electric Vehicles Standards Panel
(EVSP) will resume its work to assess existing and needed standards and conformance solutions to enable electric vehicles and charging infrastructure to be deployed throughout the United States. By the end of 2014, the panel will deliver a progress report on efforts to address the standardization gaps identified in the Standardization Roadmap for Electric Vehicles - Version 2.0 (May 2013)
. The report will include any updates on significant standardization activity and any new gaps that are identified. The ANSI EVSP Roadmap Standards Compendium
, a searchable spreadsheet of electric vehicle standards, will also be updated as appropriate.
To develop the content for the progress report, the panel's working groups will reconvene via web meetings beginning in January.
The groups will meet on a quarterly basis, with the exception of the communications working group, which will meet monthly. The schedule of initial working group web meetings is as follows:
- Communications Working Group: Wednesday, January 15, 12:30 am - 2:00 pm Eastern
- Charging Systems Working Group: Thursday, January 16, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
- Installation Working Group: Monday, January 27, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Eastern
- Vehicle Systems Working Group and Training Working Group: Initial meeting dates to be confirmed
Each working group will address:
- Activity to address the gaps identified in the relevant section of the Standardization Roadmap
- Information sharing on other significant standardization activity in relevant issue areas
- Discussion of any new potential gaps
- Plans for developing progress report by end of 2014
- Scheduling of subsequent meeting date
- Other business
The ANSI EVSP welcomes any new members, as well as new representatives from existing members, who wish to join the panel at this time. Since publishing a progress report will be less resource intensive than issuing another version of the roadmap, membership fees in the panel have been reduced 30% across the board. The revised fee schedule can be found on the panel participation information document. Interested parties should review this information and return the participation response form and copyright form as soon as possible to [email protected].
Additional information is available at www.ansi.org/evsp. Questions should be directed to [email protected].