Workshop at ANSI Headquarters on November 12-13
All relevant stakeholders are invited to register for the 17024 Personnel Certification Accreditation Workshop on November 12-13, 2019, at the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) headquarters in Washington, DC. The workshop will run from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on both days.
The workshop is designed to educate organizations that are considering accreditation to ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024, General requirements for bodies operating certification schemes for persons. This International Standard, also adopted as an American National Standard, is a globally-accepted benchmark for bodies managing the certification of persons. Learn about the value of ANSI/ISO IEC 17024 accreditation.
Through presentations, small group discussions and exercises, participants will:
- Analyze and understand the requirements in ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024
- Hear case studies from accredited certification bodies on how to successfully navigate the application process
- Develop self-assessment skills to conduct a gap analysis to identify areas of improvement and form an action plan
- Discuss best practices and mistakes made by certification programs in program design and implementation, as well as tips for how to control costs while maintaining quality
- Learn about new paradigms in personnel certification and better understand the evolving credentialing landscape
- Understand the accreditation process, which is guided by the International Standard ISO/IEC 17011, Conformity assessment - General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies
Register for the November Workshop
Additionally, December 12-13 Workshop is open for registration.