Check out new webpage and join the electrotechnical industry in San Francisco
See what’s new in the electrotechnical industry: The U.S. will be hosting the IEC General Meeting in 2022! Check out the latest details via the U.S. National Committee (USNC) of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), which has updated its event webpage, with specifics on the event, to be held on October 31-November 4, 2022, in San Francisco.
Hosted annually by a different IEC member nation, the IEC General Meeting brings together international stakeholders for discussions on current issues and future strategies for the IEC. The General Meeting has a unique format, combining management and technical meetings, and bringing all the key players together on one stage. The San Francisco event expects to have 1,500 – 2,000 attendees from the international IEC community.
Access the new host video, event logo, and find out how to become a general or technical sponsor on the updated webpage.
Why is the U.S. Hosting the IEC 2022?
- To demonstrate U.S. leadership in the electrotechnical sector.
- To raise the level of understanding within U.S. industry and governmental agencies of the importance of IEC standards and conformity assessment activities.
- To afford an opportunity for U.S. participants to reduce travel costs by having the IEC General Meeting and its related management and technical meetings within the U.S. as opposed to requiring international travel to other locations.
- To help the U.S. electrotechnical industry compete in the global marketplace through participation and use of an open, balanced, and transparent standards development process.
- To demonstrate the USNC’s leadership position in the management structure of the IEC at all levels.
- To demonstrate to the world market that the IEC international standardization activities are significant components of U.S. electrotechnical standardization activities.
- To create opportunities for U.S. businesses to participate in establishing industry standards that lead to greater global market access.