The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has released the final agenda and list of speakers for the upcoming 2022 U.S.-Korea Standards Forum, co-hosted by ANSI and the Korean Agency for Technology Standards (KATS).
Scheduled for Tuesday, August 9, this annual forum establishes a valuable platform for leaders and subject-matter experts from government, academia, and industries from both countries to enhance mutual understanding, exchange expertise and best practices, and develop future cooperation.
The event will feature the following expert speakers, sharing their insights on standards development and technology and market trends:
- Joe Bhatia, ANSI President and CEO, and Sanghoon Lee, KATS Administrator, providing opening and welcome remarks
- Yonghyun Lee, KATS Director of International Standards, Cooperative Division, and David Miller, API Director of Standards and Chair of the ANSI International Policy Advisory Group, providing keynote addresses
- Seong Su Park, ETRI Korea Director of Quantum Technology R&D Center, speaking on quantum technology standardization strategy in Korea and IEC SEG 14
- David Steel, UL Standards & Engagement Executive Director, speaking on clean energy through UL standards and the pathway to net zero
- Hee Jeong Yim, KATS Net Zero National Standard Coordinator, introducing the Korean carbon neutrality 2050 roadmap and relevant standards and policies
- Judy Zakreski, ICC Vice President of Global Services, speaking on the standards and regulatory landscape in the U.S. for green buildings and relevant innovations
- Sung-Hoon Choa, Professor of Seoul National University of Science and Technology, speaking on Korean standards and international impact related to semiconductors
- Amit Ganjoo, Founder and CEO of ANRA Technologies, speaking on intelligent transportation and ASTM F3548, Standard Specification for UAS Traffic Management (UTM) UAS Service Supplier (USS) Interoperability
- Pat Baird, Philips Senior Regulatory Specialist – Head of Global Software Standards, speaking on artificial intelligence in healthcare and the relevant standardization and strategy status quo in the U.S.
Speakers will also explore opportunities for collaboration between the U.S. and South Korea.
This year’s event is a hybrid meeting, with in-person attendance at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington DC. The intended audience is high-level executives from ANSI and KATS, and relevant stakeholders from government, academia, and industries from the U.S. and South Korea.
Learn more, view the agenda, and register for in-person or online attendance: 2022 U.S.-Korea Standards Forum.
If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Samantha Yost ([email protected]). For questions about the event itself, please contact Laiyin Yuan ([email protected]) or Joseph Conrad ([email protected]).